The three heroes

Friday, January 25, 2008

Cream Puff


My family favourite cream puff

This entry is specially dedicated to the celebrity chef...Chef Norzailina..a.k.a kak Norz....

My family love cream puff especially my hubby...about 2 month ago was my first attempted to make a cream puff. I followed every detail instruction written in a cookbook,however it turned out very bad...I can't even put the dough in a piping bag (coz it didn't turned out to be a dough actually...the mixture became a liquid!!).I didn't know what was wrong at that time...and I guess it might be due to my weighing scale which given me incorrect amount of flour to be put inside the mixture...so about 150gm of flour,4 eggs,and 70gm or butter were gone..

My second attempted was 2 weeks later...(because i am the kind of person who never give up) ...I followed a recipe from another cookbook but with more or less the same amount of ingredients.. Again it disappointed me (and of course my hubby too who eagerly waited to look at the final result), it turned out to be a liquid mixture it...at that juncture...I thought there must be something wrong with the cooking steps not the ingredients...but I don't know which step...

Luckily I found Kak Norz blog...and I asked her for the recipe...She described a lengthy tips on how to make a cream puff in one of her n3 last year...and guess what? I found where I was wrong during my 1st and 2nd attempt...Both cookbook said that heat the butter until it melts...and then add the flour in and later add water and egg....but in Kak Norz explanation...the butter should be melt in water until it boils...then add the flour later add the eggs....Yeah Kak Norz you are the best!!!!! I take this opportunity to thank Chef Norz for her help....so guys enjoy my cream puff.....kalau nak rasa datang lah rumah...hehehehehh again kak norz...Thank you!


2 comments:

norzailina said...

Natrah, I am so glad you managed to do it successfully. That's the beauty of blogging ~ to share knowledge ~ like u r doing, too! If, at any other time you have any inquiries regarding cooking, feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer, then I will find out from my other (chef) friends...

Best wishes from me!

natrah said...

Kak Norz:Tq very much..you are right regarding sharing the knowledge..I got to know lots of thing since I started the blog..and it is fun to know something different from my daily works which is medicine..So again Kak Norz..2 thumbs up for you..TQ