Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What's Up?

Dear readers,

As my wife Natrah is doing her masters right now, she is very busy with her hectic schedule. Mostly she would have classes during the weekdays and would come back to Baling during the weekends as her weekend are free from any classes.

She would travel back by bus most of the time except for last friday when she flew back to Penang from KLIA. I took the opportunity to bring the 3 heroes along to Penang as I had booked a room at Golden Sands Resort in Batu Feringghi. This is the 1st time that I had drove the 3 of them together at the same time outside of Baling.

How did went? I had cramps at my left shoulder and forearm. Initially the little cutie Afiq was very good. He sat on his child seat quitely until we went aboard the ferry. He became restless and started to cry. I had to pat him (tepuk) him with my left hand and drive with my other hand. By the time we reached Golden Sands and checked in, it was about 6p.m. Everybody was tired and hungry, (mind you, we had our lunch very early at about 12.45pm and handn't eaten since). But knowing the fact that we will be picking up our heart and soul at the airport kept our spirits soaring.
We waited patiently at the departure bay (hehe, i didn't want to wait at the arrival due to the heavy traffic) until there she is...... everybody was excited cept for Afiq as he fell asleep waiting. Aiman and Danial kept on talking and talking due to the excitement. We went for our dinner at a place call Marton. We had ikan bakar, kerang bakar, etc...... but the service was so so and the food was late. I don't think that we would go back there again. We rushed back to the hotel as i wanted to go to the infamous pasar malam near the hotel to buy some dvd (shhhh, not original one). We came back dissappointed as they had been rushed by the local authorities a few days back. Never mind, i vowed to come back again to get the dvds.

The next day we let Aiman and Danial enjoy themselves at the swimming pool. Oh, I forgot to mention that the hotel is crawling with Arabs. It seems that it is the peak season for Arabs to come here to Malaysia to escape the hot weather there. But being a local tourist has its disadvantages as the hotel staffs seems to be more helpful and more courtiest to them than to us. When I checked in into the hotel, there was no one offering me to help with the luggage. I was carrying Afiq with one hand, carrying my laptop on my back, and carrying another beg with my other hand. I was dissappointed with that. Its like a Malay proverb "kera di hutan disusukan, anak dikendung mati kelaparan". Maybe the management should look into that.

The next day we went to Gurney Plaza, where we did some shopping. Well, I did most of the shopping. I bought 3 shirts, and a pants at East India. I've been looking to buy for quite some time now and i managed to buy 3 in one shot. I wanted to buy another one from Bonia but I think I'll save some when we're going to KL next month to do a shopping spree.

Then we rushed back to Alor Star to see natrahs' parents. Her father had another episode of mild stroke. This time it is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), he had the attack 3 days earlier on Thurday. Luckily its just a mild attack and he improved to normal afterwards. He had been neglecting his health by not taking medicine regularly and i hoped that he would continue to take care of himself. Afterall, he is my father also.

Well, that's just a quick update to you all on what's been happening so far. Don't worry, Natrah will be back soon.


Wen said...

its not easy to manage 3 young kids alone. ya she hasnt been updating her blog lately. hope she is coping well with her studies. tell her not to worry about her blog, i have her on google reader and will read her blog when she updates her.
funny, was thinking abt her today on why she hasnt been updating her blog!


natrah said...

thanks for ur concern...I really salute my hubby for taking a very good care of my kids the best he can..I tried to update my blog but I hv no internet connection at home, at University I just able to spend time to do my coursework..even at my house in Baling now we had no streamyx for already a month!I don't know what Telekom is doing but as if they did nothing.I'm looking forward to update my blog as soon as streamyx functioning at home..again thanks Wen for ur concern :)

Emila Yusof said...

OH how sweet! Thank you for the update, NAtrah's husband!

Wahidah said...

wow...amazing la both of u....nevermind...insyaAllah everything will be per..aja2 fighting both of bukan suh fiht tau..chayo2